In your support within voluntary and community learning, you will be working with learners in the context of Skills for Life, Functional Skills, Key Skills, Foundation Learning and Pre-apprenticeship programmes.
The SfLLN programme will help you to address the specific challenges for your sector, to share solutions and improve delivery in these areas. It covers areas of provision that are established and new areas of development in voluntary and community learning settings such as employability programmes.
It offers up to six days of different types of support to suit your specific needs:
- themed workshops, tutorials and e-tutorials
- specialist advisory support (through visits and/or remotely)
- in-house continuing professional development
- peer exchange and network meetings
You can choose to focus on specific themes that are a priority for you and could include:
- supporting personal LLN skills development for voluntary staff
- improving skills checks, initial and diagnostic assessment
- developing LLN related employability skills
- LLN support within foundation learning
- embedding LLN / functional skills into vocational areas
- specific focus on improving numeracy skills in these areas
- developing flexible and blended models of delivery
For more information please see the attached leaflet or click here.
Applications are being considered now, so to secure a place on the programme you need to act now.