This is a free national seminar being held on the 18th July in Oxford for training providers in the voluntary and community youth sector (VCYS) to explore the current environment for delivering learning and skills, and developing their business, in partnership with others. We also welcome bookings from private sector providers seeking to work in partnership. We also have a number of travel bursaries available.
This is a free seminar for training providers in the voluntary youth sector to explore the current environment for delivering learning and skills, and developing their business, in partnership with others. Drawing on NCVYS’s experiences of supporting the development of eight such partnerships across England, the seminar will focus on:
• current challenges facing youth sector training businesses;
• lessons and learning from the past two years of NCVYS’s activity in this area;
• an opportunity to hear from and meet with existing and emerging training partnerships.
We will explore shifts in culture around co-investment to fund training, responding to employer needs,the emphasis on income generation and working with private sector providers, FE colleges, statutory services and others in the planning and delivery of training for the young people’s workforce. The seminar will include key note speakers, facilitated Q&A and practical workshops.
From attending, delegates will have:
• considered the nature of their training operation in the current climate;
• begun to assess their state of contract-readiness, and a number of tools to support this;
• explored common approaches to funding training and workforce needs.
This event is primarily aimed at established or new/emerging training providers or partnerships based in the voluntary youth sector. However we also welcome local authorities and private sector providers seeking to work in partnership. Although offered free of charge, any cancellations without reasonable notice (2 working days) or ‘no shows’ will be subject to an administration charge of £50.00. To reserve your place, alert us to any particular access or dietary requirements, or enquire about travel bursaries, please contact Claire@ncvys.org.uk. We have limited spaces so do book early!http://www.tsnla.org.uk