Turn2us are a charitable service which helps people access the money available to them – through welfare benefits, grants and other help. Their free, accessible website has been designed to help you find appropriate sources of financial support, quickly and easily, based on your particular needs and circumstances.

 Access to Learning Fund
If you're in hardship and need extra financial support, universities and colleges in England can provide it through their Access to Learning Fund.  You can apply if you're a full-time or part-time high education student, whether you're doing an undergraduate course.

 Adult Learning Grant
ALG: get paid to improve your qualifications.  It’s never too late to learn new skills - and with ALG, you could get up to £30 a week to help with your learning costs.

 Adult Dependents' Grant
If you’re a student in full-time higher education and there’s an adult who depends on you financially, you may be entitled to extra help through the Adult Dependants’ Grant.

 Care to Learn
Get your childcare costs covered.  Care to Learn can help pay for your childcare costs while you learn, if you're under 20.

 Course Grant
The total help available through the Fee Grant and Course Grant for part-time and distance learning higher education courses in England depends on how ‘intensive’ your course is, your household income and personal circumstances

 Discretionary Support Funds
If you are having trouble meeting the costs of participating in further education at your college or sixth form, Discretionary Support Funds might be one source of help.

 Educational Grants Programme

 Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA)
Learner support funds will be available through schools, colleges and training providers to help students who most need it to continue in learning.

 Funding guide to workforce development (November 2009)
One of the biggest barriers facing VCS staff and volunteers is accessing funding to support training and other areas of workforce development. In response to this the National Council for Voluntary Youth Services (NCVYS) and the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA) have created a Funding Guide to Workforce Development.

 Financial Help for Young People (LSC, Aug 2009)

 Free childcare for training and learning for work

 Professional and career development loan

Social Work Bursary

 Student Finance England
Student Finance Direct has been replaced by a new service: Student Finance England. Full-time higher education students from England can use its secure system to apply for finance online - and parents and partners can support an application online. If you've already registered online with Student Finance Direct, you can log in to your student finance account using the same details as before.