A 1-day training course to develop resilient leadership
Developing Resilience in Managers
What is Resilience?
Resilience is the ability to recover quickly from setbacks and adversity. Resilient people stay committed and increase their efforts when the going gets tough. It used to be thought that people were born with resilient attributes, we now know that anyone can improve their resilience through effective training and development.
Having developed and refined this resilient leadership course over the last 3 years, it is now the most popular management course we provide.
In our experience, this resiliency training is most appropriate for organisations going through a period of change or an increase in demands and pressure. Management teams have enthusiastically embraced this approach and because of the proactive nature of the training, it has also received full support from senior levels.
This is a highly interactive and practical course that starts by raising the participant's awareness of the resilient skills they already possess. The main purpose of the course is to understand how they can expand and incorporate these and other resiliency skills into their everyday management roles.
If required this training course can be followed up at a later date with short feedback sessions. This allows managers the opportunity to share their experiences in using the tools provided and also to assess the increase in their resiliency skills.
Key benefits for managers attending this resilience training course:
- Understand that resilient attitudes and habits can be learned and know that they are proven to enhance performance, leadership and well-being at work
- Improve the ability to understand and solve problems creatively and remain optimistic under pressure
- Regard setbacks and change as challenges that will offer opportunities and help managers to bounce back from adversity quicker
- An understanding of the importance of self-care during periods of high demands and pressure
- Increase flexibility and confidence and acquire a stronger sense of being in control when faced with uncertainty
- Build strong supportive relationships with colleagues and the members of their teams and know when and where to ask for help when it is needed
- Raise awareness of tools and exercises for improving each of the basic resilience skills
- Maintain performance and stamina during periods of high demand and be able to think clearly and logically under pressure
- Ability to stay motivated and focused while using resilient leadership strategies to maintain morale in others
- Change previous responses to pressure to more effective resilient ones
If you wish to discuss any aspect of this resiliency training, including a customised version of this course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0131 476 5027 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org