We are currently looking for volunteer classroom assistants to support learners during our Jamie Oliver Home Cooking courses. The courses are designed to help individuals develop the skills and confidence to prepare healthy meals on a budget and gain a qualification. As a volunteer, you would support learners on a one to one basis, as guided by the tutor.
There is flexibility around when and where you can volunteer, as we have a number of different courses running including:
- Swindon Academy on Mondays from 12 until 3pm from 12th May to 7th July
- SureStart Penhill on Tuesdays 11:30 to 2:30 from 29th April to 17th June
- Lainesmead Primary School on Fridays from 9am to 12 from 2nd May to 20th June
- Drove Children’s Centre on Thursdays from 9am to 12 and 12 to 3pm from 13th Feb to 3rd April
- Goddard Park Children’s Centre on Wednesdays from 12 to 3pm from 7th May to 25th June
- Toothill Community Centre on Thursdays from 10:30 to 1:30 from 27th Feb to 10th April
On your application form please indicate which venue(s) you would be interested in volunteering at.
Volunteering can enable you to learn new skills, meet new people and gain valuable experience that you can take into your future career. It also gives you the opportunity to explore an area of work that is of interest to you or try something completely different! At The Learning Curve, as an Investors in People Silver Award organisation, we ensure that all volunteers are supported in their roles and we value the contribution that our volunteers make to our work.
A full role description including person specification is provided below together with background information on The Learning Curve.
To apply, please complete the application form provided below and return to the email or postal address stated on the application form. We do not accept CVs.
Should you require the application form in an alternative format, please call HR on 01225 792500